Policy and Procedures:
- AVAILABILITY: Reservations from members of the Community Information Exchange trusted network are prioritized. All other reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Reservations may be cancelled with limited notice if 2-1-1 is activated in response to a disaster. For more information on our meeting request policies, please click here.
- MEETING ROOM REQUESTS: Reservations cannot be made more than four months in advanced. All requests must be submitted via our online meeting request form at: http://211sandiego.org/meeting-space/.
- RECURRENCE: We will review recurring meeting requests on an individual basis but since our goal is to provide space to as many local organizations as possible we generally cannot accommodate recurring meetings.
- HOURS: Our meeting rooms are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- AFTER HOURS/WEEKEND EVENTS: We will review after-hours/weekend requests on an individual basis. Large group meetings, after hours and weekend requests will be reviewed on an individual basis and may incur a $400 clean-up fee.
- FOOD: Food & Drink are permitted. We suggest you use one of our preferred caterers as listed in the room application. However, the organization is responsible for making any catering arrangements and meeting the caterer upon arrival to receive delivery. If you would like to serve coffee, tea and/or water, you or the caterer must supply it (cups, coffee, creamer, sugar, water bottles, etc). 2-1-1 San Diego is not able to provide these amenities.
- ALCOHOL: Alcohol is not permitted. For questions, please add into the notes section below.
- TECHNOLOGY/MEETING ITEMS: You must provide your own: laptop for projecting (no wires needed), flip charts, easels, flip chart markers, pens, pencils, and other office supplies. Please bring printed materials for your guests. We cannot provide printing services.
- 2-1-1 SAN DIEGO WILL PROVIDE: Filtered Water from tap, meeting space, specified numbers of chairs and tables, dining space, TVs for projection from laptop (you must supply your own laptop) and WiFi internet connection.
- 2-1-1 SAN DIEGO REQUIRES: All guests to provide their first and last names, email and phone number. Guests will be included in 211 email updates unless they request to our Receptionist not to be. Click here to use our The Connections Center Attendee list.
- SETUP: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your meeting to arrange the room in the order you’d like. As a nonprofit, we ask for all the assistance we can get from you in making the room work for you. We will be available to assist and guide you as needed, but we do require you to arrange the room to your preference.
- CLEANUP: Please throw all trash away and wipe down any mess that is made. Please return the room to its original setup. Not doing so may prevent your organization from use of our space in the future. If you do not fill the trash cans, it is okay to leave them. If they are filled completely, please remove the bags and place them by the door in the kitchen.
- 2-1-1 INFORMATION GREETING: We ask that groups who have never been to the 2-1-1 Connections Center allow 5 minutes at either the beginning or end of their meeting for a brief greeting from a member of the 2-1-1 San Diego Executive team.
- MEDIA: Any media presence at 2-1-1 San Diego requires advance notification. Users must notify 2-1-1 San Diego staff if they are inviting or expecting members of the news media.
- 2-1-1 PERSONNEL: We ask that you consider our staff who are working during most hours our facility is open. Please monitor your volume and be respectful of their use of the kitchen and Town Hall area. If food is left in the kitchen area for your guests, please let us know in advance so that we can tell our staff that the food is for an external meeting.
- UPDATED RESOURCES: 2-1-1 requests that all organization using our space maintain an updated resource listing page. We are happy to assist with your updates.
- CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel a meeting, please provide a minimum of 48 hour advance notice by contacting the receptionist, Shari Watson at (858)300-1300, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 2-1-1 reserves the right to cancel external meeting space reservations for any reason within reasonable time frame.
- Upon confirmation of the space availability, we will provide you with detailed logistics, including our wifi network and password.
- I understand that my/my group’s abuse of the space may result in the inability to reserve space in the 2-1-1 San Diego Connections Center in the future.
- I understand that I am not to perform any illegal activities in reserved space.
- I understand that my organization’s main point of contact is to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the event.
In consideration of the use of a 2-1-1 San Diego meeting room, the applicant must read, understands and agrees to abide by all the provisions of 2-1-1 San Diego’s Meeting Room Policy stated above. The applicant will (a) pay for all damages to any property of 2-1-1 San Diego resulting directly or indirectly from conduct of any member, officer, employee, or agent of the group or organization designated above, or any of its invitees, and, (b) will save harmless and indemnify the 2-1-1 San Diego from and against any and all liability which may be imposed upon it for any injury to persons or property caused by the group or organization, or any other person in connection with a meeting. It is further understood that 2-1-1 San Diego is hereby expressly released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury, or damage to persons or property which may be sustained by reason of a meeting.
If you have any questions about our meeting space policy or procedures, please contact: Aidee Roman at email@example.com or (858) 300-1305.