Who is Eligible?
Eligibility for both the federal and state EITC is based on your earned income and you must file a tax return to qualify, whether you are required to or not. For tax year 2021, families and individuals who earned wages or self-employment income up to $30,000 may qualify for CalEITC. If your wages are more than $30,000, you may still be eligible for the federal EITC.
- Workers with incomes up to $30,000
- Individuals and families whose income does not require them to file taxes
- Families with children age six and under
- Working older adults ages 65+
- Young adults ages 18-24
- Self-employed workers
- Undocumented ITIN filers who are otherwise eligible
Review the chart below to see how much you may get when you file your tax year 2021 return.
|Number of qualifying children
||California maximum income
||CalEITC (up to)
||IRS EITC (up to)
|3 or more