2-1-1: One-Stop San Diego Assistance Connection
Real People. Real Connections. Real Help.
There are more than 6,000 community, health and disaster support assistance services that exist to provide assistance to San Diego residents. Many of these provide services that overlap, but are designed to provide services to specific demographics. It can be challenging for an individual to find an organization that fits their needs best. Many people are already in dire need when they have to seek out services for the first time, and it can be frustrating to be referred from office to office because they haven’t been able to find the organization that could help them.
2-1-1 exists to make connection easier and faster. Without going anywhere, a person can make one phone call and be connected to services that exist to make their lives easier. 2-1-1 dispatchers are compassionate and skilled individuals who carefully screen callers so they can be paired with the organizations that are most likely to be able to serve their unique needs.
“I found myself in a position in life that I wasn’t expecting. Thankfully there are people and organizations like 2-1-1 that care.” – San Diego Resident
2-1-1 is a simple three digit number, searchable online database and online chat that connects San Diegans to services 24-hours a day in more than 200 languages. 2-1-1 is accessible to all people throughout the region.
San Diego Assistance Organizations Connected With 2-1-1
- Support Services
- Housing and Homelessness Services
- Benefits Enrollment
- Health Navigation
- Financial Assistance
- Military and Veteran Services
- Community Data Reports
- Disaster Support
Helping San Diego Residents Find Assistance In the Digital Age
To better serve the San Diego community, 211 partners with other organizations to advance their ability to connect people with the following services:
- 2-1-1 provides specialized services that range from health navigation to assistance with enrollment for programs like CalFresh, Medi-Cal and Covered California. 2-1-1 goes beyond a simple referral and reaches out to at-risk individuals in the community to assess their needs and connect them to services.
- The Community Information Exchange joined 2-1-1 in San Diego to improve public health outcomes throughout the region. This partnership gives clients the option to securely share their information with matching providers to improve care. The platform establishes a shareable client record that utilizes shared tools and increases access to providers with a closed-loop referral program.
- 2-1-1 serves about half a million people annually. The information they collect can be used, securely and with great consideration taken for private information, to generate informatics that could improve the health and social wellness of the region. Data can enable service providers, decision makers and elected officials to better tailor services and legislation to serve San Diego residents.
By supporting 2-1-1, corporations, foundations and individual donors are improving the health of the entire San Diego community. Support for 2-1-1 means backing 6,000 community, health and disaster support services throughout the region.
2-1-1 is a public resource website and call center providing 24/7 support for people in need of social services support and information. If you or someone you know is in need of 2-1-1’s services, or if you would like to learn more about how you can help your community, call today. Organizations may also contact us to receive 2-1-1 San Diego materials for clients. Real People. Real Connections. Real Help.