2-1-1 CALL ME

Mental Health

Whether you are looking for help for yourself or you are worried about someone else, we can help you find available mental health resources and services. All calls are confidential and we’ll listen, judgment-free, and work to find the best solution whether you need counseling and support groups or long-term care. We know you may feel lost, but we are here to help you take the first step on your journey.

Crisis and Emergency

If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.

There are also several hotlines that can provide specific assistance:

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 to speak to someone if you or a loved one is considering harming themselves or experiencing emotional distress.
  • National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888  if you or someone you care about has been brought to the United States against their will or is being held against their will.
  • National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673 if you or someone you care about has experienced sexual assault or harassment and needs support, assistance, and advice.
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 if you or someone you care about has or is experiencing domestic or relationship-based violence and needs support, advice, and connections to a safe place.

Access and Crisis Line

The San Diego Access & Crisis Line (ACL) offers immediate support and resources from an experienced counselor on all behavioral health topics including suicide prevention, crisis intervention, community resources, mental health referrals, alcohol and drug support services, and more. Confidential and free of charge, the line is immediately answered 7 days a week, 24 hours a day by Master’s-level and Licensed Clinicians. 

Learn More

Crisis Line 888 724-7240 7 Days a Week 24 Hours a Day Live Chat Available Mon-Fri 4pm-10pm

Mobile Crisis Response Teams (MCRT)

Mobile Crisis Response Teams (MCRT) provide in-person support to anyone, anywhere, experiencing a mental health, drug, or alcohol-related crisis. MCRT dispatches behavioral health experts to emergency calls instead of law enforcement, when appropriate, with teams made up of clinicians, case managers, and peer support specialists.

If you need help or know of someone who does:

  • Call the County’s Access and Crisis Line: (888) 724-7240
  • An Access and Crisis Line clinician will assess the situation for risk and safety through a series of questions and may refer to MCRT or another resource as appropriate.

Learn More

Overdose Reversal Medication Available

Naloxone, also known as NARCAN®, is a fast-acting nasal spray that can stop a fentanyl or other opioid-related overdose and save a life by quickly restoring breathing. The County offers nasal Naloxone to the general public at several community-based locations and clinics throughout the region. Click below to see where you can obtain naloxone free of charge in San Diego County.

Learn More


Top Mental Health Needs

Licensed Board and Care Facilities 

Individuals and families looking for available licensed, adult board and care facilities, or residential homes with personal care and individual attention can review our list of facilities. We do not recommend or rate any facility, however licensing information is provided by the State of California, Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division in San Diego. 


We update the board and care bed availability once a month. However, availability can change at any moment. Please contact the facility directly to get the most current information.


Before deciding where to place your loved one, it is important that you:

  • Contact the facility for additional informatio
  • Schedule an appointment to review the facility’s public file at the Community Care Licensing office at: 7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 109, San Diego
  • Schedule an appointment to view the facility
  • Ask questions – lots of questions! Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
  • Drop by and visit the facility unexpectedly
  • If pleased with your findings, ask about bed availability based on your needs
  • Report any concerns regarding these facilities to: Community Care Licensing, 619-767-2300 (Ask for the Duty Officer of the Day – Adult Care Program)

Other Resources