Licensed Board and Care Facilities
Individuals and families looking for available licensed, adult board and care facilities, or residential homes with personal care and individual attention can review our list of facilities. We do not recommend or rate any facility, however licensing information is provided by the State of California, Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division in San Diego.
We update the board and care bed availability once a month. However, availability can change at any moment. Please contact the facility directly to get the most current information.
Before deciding where to place your loved one, it is important that you:
- Contact the facility for additional informatio
- Schedule an appointment to review the facility’s public file at the Community Care Licensing office at: 7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 109, San Diego
- Schedule an appointment to view the facility
- Ask questions – lots of questions! Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
- Drop by and visit the facility unexpectedly
- If pleased with your findings, ask about bed availability based on your needs
- Report any concerns regarding these facilities to: Community Care Licensing, 619-767-2300 (Ask for the Duty Officer of the Day – Adult Care Program)