The Roundtable is comprised of representatives from correctional institutions, law enforcement, faith-based and community-based organizations, governmental agencies, local planning members, universities, community members, formerly incarcerated individuals and concerned citizens. Anyone interested in improving reentry can participate.
The Roundtable provides a forum for everyone involved in the criminal justice system — including former prisoners, their families and the general public – to come together in meaningful dialogue about reentry. We are concerned with reentry throughout the County, from our jails and prisons, our adult and juvenile institutions. The mission of the San Diego Reentry Roundtable is:
To promote the safe and successful return of offenders to our community
We are currently working:
- On reviewing and evaluating legislation related to reentry.
- To share resources and educate the public to strengthen the commitment to reentry.
- To understand the reentry process for all formerly incarcerated individuals returning to San Diego County.
- To be a clearinghouse for “best practices” in reentry and advocate for their use.
- To participate in statewide coalition networking.
For information, contact:
- Lorna Pallares – Chair
- Charlene Autolino – Vice Chair
- Bridget Burden – Co-Secretary
- Zachary Avina – Co-Secretary
- Mary Harmer – Admin
Committees: Legislative, Employment, Housing/Transportation